SMART’s mission is to create an ecosystem of substitutable apps that can run on any electronic health record system. To this end, we have been working with the broader Health IT interoperability community to further the development of content standards, including HL7’s Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture (C-CDA) and, most recently, Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR).
We are pleased to provide this compilation of our conclusions so far, along with some key resources created by our team and others in the community.
- SMART, FHIR, and a Plan for Achieving Healthcare IT Interoperability
(Blog post by Josh Mandel, SMART Lead Architect, November 15, 2013)
- Blog posts by Josh Mandel and David Kreda
- C-CDA Endoscopy, or Improving Clinical Document Exchange (January 7, 2014)
- Introducing the SMART C-CDA Scorecard (January 22, 2013)
- CCD: Show me the codes! (July 30, 2012)
- Clinical summary export: What is a CCD for? (July 24, 2012)
- Video: Getting SMART about C-CDA (recorded webinar featuring interactive transcript; April 2, 2013)
- SMART C-CDA Collaborative
- Introducing the SMART C-CDA Collaborative (July 10, 2013)
- Trello Board
- Summary of Findings
- Proposal: Informatics Data Quality Metrics on Production C-CDAs (PDF) (January 7, 2014)