The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) announced today that it will fund an exciting new venture for SMART and collaborators. The Scalable Collaborative Infrastructure for a Learning Health System—SCILHS (pronounced “Skills”)—will use SMART-enabled i2b2 at the following ten sites to help build a National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network:
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Boston Health Net (Boston Medical Center plus Community Health Centers)
- Partners Health Care System (includes Mass General and Brigham & Women’s)
- Wake Forrest Integrated Health System
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- U Texas Health Science Center/Houston
- Columbia University Medical Center & NY Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia Campus
- U Mississippi Medical Center
PCORI has created a website dedicated to PCORnet, their official name for the national network. A blog post from Francis Collins, NIH Director and a member of the PCORI Board of Governors, explains why the PCORnet initiative is “an unprecedented opportunity to streamline clinical trials, empower patients, and build a solid foundation for personalized medicine.”
Stay tuned for further details and updates!
You must be logged in to post a comment.